Friday, September 30, 2011

Project 3A : Black Box (pictorial)


Assalamuaalaikum...


On last Monday, i was given an assignment that need me to create a model of 8 boxes.
The size of the cubes are 1 span of long, 1 span of wide and 1 span of high.
On a cube, there must be six colours on six surfaces respectively and the colours are repeated on the other 7 cubes.
then, the 8 cubes, need to be arranged to form a new shape.
then draw an orthographic drawing of the model.

So, the first step i did was, planning on how i want to create those cubes.


then, when the size and the template were determined,
i cut out the template of the cubes from a thick art card.


then, choosing the six colours to put on my cubes.
After trying many colours, i finally choose 6 colours that are yellow, yellow green, pink, purple, light blue and orange.


After making the template into cubes, the cubes were coloured with the six colours on each surface.
Then, comes the time to arrange the cubes into a desired shapes and design.
I had tried so many times to arrange and rearrange the cubes until i get the shapes and design that i satisfied.


Here is my model, finally.
I arranged the cubes with blue, purple and pink on the front model,
with the green, yellow and orange at the back of the model.

I make it into this style because i want the two concept to be in my model.
The blue, purple and pink colours are arranged together creating the mood of softness, beauty and calmness.

At the other sides of the model, which is the back, there are yellow green, yellow and orange,
together forming feel of activeness and cheerful.

about the design of the model,
the basic shape is actually square,
but with some modification, it turn out to be like in the picture.

I think that my model is unique in form of it design.
But, with more education gained later, i really hope i can improve the lacking in my designing skills.

Here is my orthographic drawing.
This is not the final one, as i forgot to snap picture of it as i'm done with it.



Really hopes that i can improve my skills in drawing and designing.
And i will put more effort to be better.
:)




No comments:

Post a Comment