Thursday, September 22, 2011

Form and Structure



Project 2A : MAN-MADE STRUCTURE ( FORM AND STRUCTURE)

In this project students required to produce a sketch of the School of HBP building from the angle that may deem appropriate and do some writing and description.

So, the first step that I do for this project was walk around School of HBP and captured few photos of buildings from different angles that I found interesting to be in my 2A project. From about ten pictures, I shortlisted about 4 photos that I think most suitable. Then, I printed out the pictures in black and white so it is easier for me to sketch using various grade of pencils with different tones of shading.


After looking again at these pictures, I finally decided to take the picture of The Drum to be in my sketching, the top picture in the photo above. Below are the real of it.

I'm choosing this building because of it's unique shape and design. It looks like a big drum, so it is called as The Drum by the lecturers and seniors there. I choose the angle of front view because i think that it is the most suitable angle as i can also sketch the buildings that connected or attached together with The Drum and it can clearly shows the unique shape of it.
Actually, Te Drum function as the main building of School of HBP as the office of HBP is located inside this building where students and lecturers always go there for any bisness related with the office.

I start sketching the building roughly on my sketch book, then only i sketch seriously on A3 cartridge paper.



Then i draw the outline of the figures inside the picture.


After that, i start do detailing on each figures by rendering using various techniques such as hatching, crosshatching and tonal render.



And finally, I was done doing it, with the description written on the below right side of the A3 cartridge paper.. :)


And here it is...

Photobucket

At first, I think that it is a tough task for second assignment, but when i doing my sketching, i realised that i learned so many thing such as, i can practice and have more understanding of what i learned in this topics about planes, lines and etc. . I also can improve my drawing skills by doing this besides, it a training to prepare me to be a good architect in the future.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment