Saturday, June 9, 2012

Second project - Chair Design

I'm quite excited with this project actually, at first. I just love designing furniture and anything related to interior. 
But, i'm an architecture student actually. but, never mind. 

Site visit, to Penang airport and Penang Botanical Garden to get some idea on how my chair will be.
How it can accommodate people in that particular site to sit on it. 





   

The visit to Botanical Garden really enjoying..! I love the calm and cool environment, the green and colourful scene of nature. It's very comfy to be there. The last activity before we leave the place, buy an ice cream, sit in the nature. Heaven. :)

The visit actually gave me an idea to design a comfy chair that people who sit on it will feel the nature. 

 
The concept is nature.. the idea came from the bird's nest and the colours of nature.
it's not so hard to design, the difficult part is making the model.
Need a very high patience level.

 

 
Because USM always teach me about sustainable, I'm practising it now by recycling.. -_-"


 After all the hardship and test, i finally done the 'naked' model.




After colouring, sewing and decorating, this the final look of my model.




and the name given is 

ABYANA..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment