Saturday, June 9, 2012

Project 1 - TPO Poster

For the first design studio project, we are assigned to design a poster. A tourism poster.
The first thing came across in my mind when thinking about promoting Penang is the trishaw. Trishaw is one of the icon of Penang.

When others people think about KOMTAR and Penang Bridge, i decided to make something different. The scene of Penang. I want my poster to have a painting of trishaw and some old historic shophouse buildings that typically found in Penang.

Just try to sketch it on A3 water colour paper. 
By the way, I like the texture of the watercolour paper as it will gives nice effects of your painting.

 Start to draw on A1 water colour paper. 
I used the picture as mu guidance to draw trishaw and shop houses. 


The drawing part is done. Now it's left to paint it with water colour. 
My first time using Alpha Artist water colour. I did invest a lot, ok.. a lot for my studio projects, and I believe other design students also 'investing a lot' for their future. >_<




Oh, can you see how the water colour nicely blend on the water colour paper ? 
Oh, i felt in love with water colour paper.
But, it's not cheap. -_-" another investment.



Finally, done. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment